Introduction: Pop Art Bow tie

My wife and I are doing a Papa Art themed Halloween Night. I lately purchased a 3D printing machine and have dived heavily into 123D Design and Cura to print some original prints and some sourced prints. This is my way of giving back a pocket-sized for others in the diy community. Every file I experience made will be free to use by you. Enjoy!

Step 1: Concept

I downloaded a pop art eccentric of font called Adventure. I and then looked at a bunch of images and made the pop outer bubbles after typewriting the words in Adobe brick Illustrator I created an enclosure for the quarrel. For the "Prisoner of war" it was more of a webbing type and for "BANG" it was Sir Thomas More of the starburst bubble. I then surrounded them in triangles and used a speech bubble for the center which came to me as I was designing and probably because I saw information technology in google millionfold.

Step 2: 3D Printing

I exported as SVG file from Adobe brick Illustrator and then imported the SVG file into 123D as a 2D sketch. Afterwards I extruded the image 10mm High, I medium-sized information technology to around 125mm Prospicient and 45mm Wide. After filleting some edges for that rounded look I sent to Cura to make gcode for printing process (settings will heavily calculate on your 3d pressman). The most versatile part is the clip happening the back which slides over a button and will attach to an average sized button, it is very simple and something that I volition use in future designs. I enclosed the clip as an additional differentiate file if you wanted to use it for other things, but the STL has it already. The print time was approximately 3 hours.

Step out 3: Picture

My costume has hints of purple thus I wanted to keep it that tinge. The filament for the 3d printer is white so I just spray unreal it purple. I did the back first let it dry so flipped it over.

Step out 4: Finishing Touches

Because I painted a dark color I needed the words to "pop" without coloring too very much like I wanted to ostentate that 3dprintedness of it all to my friends. I would really love to see what some hoi polloi might do with the color scheme and who have often more skill in painting than I do, please contribution! Again, all the files are for you to tinker as you wish, if I missed something or you take whatever questions feel free to need and I'll do my best.

Follow the First-class honours degree to Ploughshare

Recommendations

  • Anything Goes Contest 2022

    Anything Goes Contest 2022